We have covered why comments improve SEO and how comments provide backlinks, and that’s all good. But what if you are not getting comments? Let’s talk about tips for comments and how to get more for your website.
Comments are a great way to interact with visitors to your site. Not to mention, it is a great way to increase traffic to your site. We will discuss some tips to get more comments from readers and visitors in this article.
Tips For Comments
Here are some tips that will increase comments on your blog?
- Increase traffic – Traffic is the number of people who visit your website. Websites that rank high on Google will drive more traffic to your website. To get a higher ranking, an article needs to be SEO optimized. Find the right keywords and use an SEO plugin to optimize the content. I use the All-In-One SEO plugin, but a few others are also excellent.
- Opt-in Form – The opt-in form is another tool to help you get more traffic. It allows visitors to sign up for your newsletter. Once they are on your mailing list, you can send them updates and new blog posts. You can even send an email letting them know how much you like comments and their feedback.
- RSS Feed – RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is a method of publishing news items online. You can use an RSS feed as an email to let people know of other information on your website. They may have seen one post, but that doesn’t mean they have visited your website or additional information you have written.
- Engage Your Readers – Engaging your readers means having conversations with them. To get more comments, ask questions because questions show that you are interested in what they think.
- Make It Clear – At the end of a post, before the comment box, make it clear to your readers that you would like their input.
- Keep It Short – Shorter posts tend to get more comments. Not all posts can be short but select a few short topics and use those to generate comments.
- Answer All Comments – those who are willing to leave a comment will scroll through other comments, and when they see your responses, they know you will also respond to their comments.
There are many ways to get more comments on a blog. Some work better than others, depending on the topic and the type of blog you write. Take time to research each tip and try them out. If you find something that works, then keep using it.