Retirement is a great opportunity to pursue something you love. If you want to stay busy and earn extra income, consider any one of these best online jobs for retirees. I do have a favorite and will share it with you.
You don’t have to give up your career or hobbies to retire. In fact, you can continue working from home and build a side hustle that allows you to enjoy life after retirement. For that matter, you can retire, work from home, make money and still travel, which is exactly what I do.
Why Online Makes Sense for Seniors?
There are many reasons seniors should consider online jobs as an option for their retirement income. Here are just a few of them:
1. Flexibility – With online jobs, there is no need to commute to a traditional job, which means more time with family and friends. It also gives you the flexibility to start earning while you’re retired.
2. No Office Space Required – While it may be tempting to spend your retirement savings on nice office space, you won’t need one if you choose online jobs.
3. Work From Home – Working at home has become increasingly popular among young and older professionals. And now, it’s becoming even easier thanks to technology.
4. Earn More Money – Retirement and social security don’t always pay enough to afford one to travel, but with a new job one can supplement their income and gain freedom.
5. Stay Active – Many people find themselves bored during retirement. But by choosing online jobs, they can keep active while making money.
A New Job At 60: Am I Too Old?
You are never too old to learn. According to Knute Nelson, learning at 60 or above stimulates the brain and positively improves memory and neuron generation. Learning is also known to decrease dementia and increase our ability to handle stress.
Furthermore, in a study conducted by npj on the science of learning, findings state that aging adults even into their 80s are learning to advance or redirect their careers. In addition, furthering the education from age 50 – to 79 helps in the resistance to dementia.
So, there you have it, No you are never too old to learn and as a matter of fact increasing your knowledge and learning new things can improve your health.
What Are The Best Online Jobs For Retirees?
There are many options for retirees to work after retirement, but I will list 5 of the best. These online jobs will afford one to work at home and still travel. Number 5 is my favorite and the one I chose to make money, occupy my time, and exercise my brain.
- Customer Service Representatives – Customer representatives, help you when you need to make a return, or there is a problem with a purchase. There is no need to go into an office or get out of your PJs. But you’ll need people skills with patience and the ability to use the computer.
- Freelance Writer – Whether you want to write articles for websites, magazines, newspapers, or books, a great way to do this is through freelance writing. Freelancers have numerous opportunities to earn money through different platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, and PeoplePerHour. Not to mention anyone can learn to write and hone in on your skills for hire.
- Online Tutor -If you love teaching others, or maybe you were once among the school teachers of our world, then tutoring might be right for you. Tutors use their skills to teach students about various subjects such as math, history, and English. With companies like tutor.com, you can do all of the teachings right online.
- E-commerce store – E-Bay is a great way to make a buck. If you you are good at selling things, this could be a good option. You can sell anything from clothing to electronics.
- Affiliate Marketer – Affiliates are people who promote products and services to other people. They usually receive a commission when they promote affiliate programs, and someone buys something because they referred them to the product or service. Online Marketing is my top pick and my favorite way to make money from home.
How To Work & Travel In Retirement?
For many, when retirement comes, there just isn’t enough money to live the lifestyle so many want. In a like manner, retirement may bring boredom for some with a sense of loss.
I was bored stiff when I retired, and I had to do something with my life. But I didn’t want to get up by an alarm every morning and answer someone else at work. So I started affiliate marketing.
The internet and building a website were an enigma to me, but I learned all I know today with time and patience. I know I said the same thing, “I can’t do this!” The fear of failure was intense, but look at me now, but I made it, and I know you can make it too.
The other 4 jobs I listed here are great ways to make money from home, but not everyone is cut out for those or has the experience one might need. The cool thing about affiliate marketing is you don’t need experience; you only need to follow step-by-step guidelines and instructions to learn and be successful.
The best way to work and travel in retirement is to have a business you can take with you. I recently went to Mexico for a week and took my computer. I would sit on the deck overlooking the ocean and work for just a bit at a time. It never felt like work, and I still had tons of time to enjoy my time with my husband. There is no better way!
Ok, enough of this, I tell you I could go on for days because I absolutely love what I do. And I learned everything as a beginner.
What Are Some Words Of Wisdom?
Where to begin? Different online platforms will train you in affiliate marketing, but one has to be aware of “the shiny object syndrome.” Many are out to make a big buck off of you and entice you with a “done for you” system or “SEO” to help you rank.
The thing is, you don’t need all of that because affiliate marketing is manageable on its own once you learn what it is all about. Affiliate marketing can offer a full-time job or part-time income; it all depends on your desire and career choice.
Wisely choose a platform to learn affiliate marketing. I know of a couple, but you can also search it on Google to see what is out there.
One method I like is “The Laura Method.” Why? Well, because it is step-by-step with full support.
Another method I like is “Wealthy Affiliate.” Why? Because the platform has training and the support of an entire community.
The words of wisdom I have for you are: Take your time, follow the training, and reach out for help when you get stuck. If I can do this, so can you.
And if you ever feel overwhelmed and think you cannot do this, remember you are never too old to succeed.
Retirement Is Not A Time To Be Bored! It is, however, a time to thrive and live life to its fullest.
If you enjoyed reading my post, please share it with others, and if you have questions, please leave a comment. I will be back with you shortly.