Wrinkles, wrinkles everywhere. On the face and arms and oh WOW, the whole body. Have you gone to a local department store and bought the most expensive anti-wrinkle cream on the market only to find out it didn’t work? In this Roden and Fields review, we will find out if this line of skincare works. Oh, wait, that’s not what we’re here for. We are going to review the MLM part of Roden and Fields. Is their MLM company a profitable skincare and MLM for you?
So today, we will talk about the Roden and Fields skincare company that ranks #25 on the MLM companies top 100 best to join.
Let’s look at who Roden and Fields is, what products they offer, and the benefits and drawbacks, and my recommendation.
Who Is Roden And Fields?
Roden and Fields were founded and are now owned by Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields. These ladies are dermatologists who met in 1984 in college. In 1989 they developed their first product, Proactive, to treat acne. When 2016 rolled around Roden and Fields sold their rights to a company for a lump sum of $50 million.
After they sold the rights to Proactive, they continued to develop new products and sold their new line in department stores for a commission. The marketing was not what they wanted, so they began experimenting with a different way to market Roden and Fields. Their new marketing was the party aspect adopted by most MLM companies. In 2007 Roden and Fields bought back the rights to their products and operated under the MLM tier system.
What Products Do Roden And Fields Offer?
The price of Roden and Fields skincare is high, but I am sure some people will pay a high price to get rid of their aging wrinkles. So Roden and Fields skincare products are not just for the rich but for anyone who wants to fight aging.
Roden and Fields list of products are extensive, but I will group them to give you a brief idea. This grouping will give you a better understanding of what Roden and Fields MLM company makes to serve the consumer.
- Redefine -The products in this line brighten and even skin, control age spots, and blemishes, lift, firms, and sculpts.
- Reverse – actively fights and reduces the signs of aging due to sun damage
- Unblemish – fights and clears acne with visible signs in one day
- Soothe – actively clears irritated, dry, red skin for a healthy appearance
- Enhancements – targeted toward particular parts of the body to correct specific issues
- Essentials – Broad spectrum sunscreen SPF 50
Roden And Fields Review – Company Problems
MLM companies, in general, are notorious for the majority to make a poor income. But what about a company that ranks #25 in the top 100 MLM companies and is not doing so well?
In the year 2019, R & F dropped in consultants by 12%. They are having a hard time retaining employee consultants, as a result, they laid off 86 employees. Their net worth dropped from 1 billion to 700 million in 2019. Now all of this is before COVID. What will happen to this company due to the COVID crisis? That is yet to be determined, but my thoughts are not in their favor.
During COVID, they received a warning letter from the FTC stating that their consultants could not make false income claims on social media.
The first 15 out of 20 reviews on the consumer affairs’ website are a 1-star rating. Most state the products do not work, and the customer service is horrible.
How To Become A Roden and Fields Consultant
According to the Roden and Fields website, you can click “Become A Consultant” and “Enroll Now,” or you can sign up under another consultant of your choice. There is an application to fill out.
Price To Join And Tools
- Application $75
- Starter kit for beginners $45-Advanced kit $995
- Website $24 monthly (optional), but my understanding is if you don’t pay, you can’t keep track of your orders and downline
The Roden and Fields website states the starter kit includes everything you will need to begin your business. Items such as product samples and advertising information. These items are estimated to last 60 days.
Roden and Fields states on their website that when you join, “As an Independent Consultant, you’ll be part of a supportive community, enjoy a flexible schedule and become an entrepreneur. You don’t need prior experience — we provide the tools and support.”
Roden And Fields Compensation Plan
- Free Shipping and Free ($50) gift-when you have made your second sale and signed up one consultant under you all for a one-time fee of $19.95
- Shipping on all orders over $80 is free
- 10% discount on all orders
Consultant Perks And Earnings
- Consultants get a 25% discount on all products.
- Retail Profits – average $30 from preferred customers and average $50 on retail
- Commissions for consultants – you can earn if you keep 100 sales volume (you purchase or your customers purchase $100 in products per month). When you do this, you earn 10% commission on your direct level one downline and 5% commission on their direct downline all the way down.
- Executive Consultant – You are required to have 3 direct downlines and 3 tiered downlines with a sales volume of 600. Then you earn the same as a consultant, but you now have a different title.
- First Level Advanced executive consultant – The earnings stay the same but to reach this new title; you have to have one direct downline who achieves executive consultant status.
- Second Level Advanced executive consultant – Same earnings but reach to this new title; you have to have 2 direct downlines who achieve executive consultant status.
- Fifth Level executive consultant – Earnings stay the same, but to reach this new title, you have to have 8 direct downlines who achieve executive consultant status.
Video Of The Roden And Fields Compensation Plan
Roden And Fields Income Disclosure
In a nutshell, the percentage of people who actually make it to the Roden and Fields level five executive consultant status is only 70 consultants out of 362,000 consultants in 2019.
And only 50% of the Roden and Fields consultants make $466 a year. Just think about this for a moment. You pay $24 a month for a website, you purchase at least $100 a month in products, and you host parties with food and your time. How does this add up? In a year, you pay out $1,500.95 + your time and food and make $466. Sounds a bit upside down to me.
I took this information off of the 2019 Roden And Fields Income disclosure.
“Of the Paid Consultants in 2019, approximately:”
• “1% of the top were paid more than $26,096/annually”
• “10% of the top were paid more than $4,327/annually”
• “50% of the top were paid more than $466/annually“
Even if you are in the top 10%, which is approximately 3620 people, you still only make $4,327 a year. So your income after expenses is less than $2,800, which is way below poverty level income.
Benefits And Drawbacls Of Roden And Fields MLM
So now that you have the most relevant information, let’s examine the Benefits and Drawbacks and determine what the potential truly is.
- Ranked #25 on the top 100 MLM companies to join
- At least 70 consultants make over $26,096 a year
- Consultants get a 25% discount on products
- Only a few make an income worth shaking a noodle at. 2019 Roden And Fields Income Disclosure.
- R & F is financially declining.
- At least 50% of consultants lose money in a year trying to keep their sales volume up to earn money.
- MLM companies are declining in status, and this company is no different
Is Roden And Fields A Scam?
No, Roden And Fields is not a scam. A scam is a dishonest organization, with that in mind, R&F is not dishonest, and setting up their selling and promotional plan based on an MLM program is not dishonest. Although, by the same token, the claims of how much one can make are deceptive. But on the other hand, there are a handful of people who do make top dollar.
So, in reality, an MLM company is not a scam, even though you may not make money.
Is Roden And Fields MLM A Pyramid Scheme?
To answer this, I have to go off of the definition of a pyramid scheme. According to Wikipedia: A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products. With this in mind, I have to say Roden And Fields is not a pyramid scheme, be as it may, it does closely resemble one, as do all MLM companies.
Video Overview Of The Roden And Fields MLM Review
The Problem With MLM Companies In General
According to an FTC Government file, an MLM operation does not have a clearly defined definition. It calls MLM’s a ”product-based pyramid scheme” and compares it to an illegal chain letter. You know the letters you receive in the mail, it says to put a dollar in an envelope with a copy of the letter and send one to 10 people. Then if you do this, you will make a ridiculous amount of money.
The FTC Government document also states that MLM “is inherently flawed, unfair, and deceptive.”
I DO NOT recommend this company. It is an MLM company that gains off of its consultants harassing friends and family to join them. Most don’t make enough money to pay for their sales volume quota. A company ranked #25 in the top 100 MLM companies but has this much decline in their financial gain and many customer complaints don’t say much for any MLM company.
I wrote this review to help you steer clear of an MLM company where you may have difficulties making money. But since you are reading this article, you may be looking for ways to make an income from home. I work from home as an affiliate marketer. Remember, any business takes time and effort for you to create. Why not own your website and have full control over what you do? Not to mention full training and support to go with it.