Wrinkles, wrinkles everywhere. On the face and arms and oh WOW, the whole body. Have you gone to a local department store and bought the most expensive anti-wrinkle cream on the market only to find out it didn’t work? In this Roden and Fields review, we will find out if this line of skincare works. Oh, wait, that’s not what we’re here for. We are going to review the MLM part of Roden and Fields. Is their MLM company a profitable skincare and MLM for you?
So today, we will talk about the Roden and Fields skincare company that ranks #25 on the MLM companies top 100 best to join.
Let’s look at who Roden and Fields is, what products they offer, and the pros and cons, and my recommendation.
For Newbies To Set Up A Niche Website
Learn More about The Laura Method Here!
Put in your email address to access all the
information you need to begin your online business.
Who Is Roden And Fields?
Roden and Fields were founded and are now owned by Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields. These ladies are dermatologists who met in 1984 in college. In 1989 they developed their first product, Proactive, to treat acne. In 2016 Roden and Fields sold their rights to a company for a lump sum of $50 million.
After they sold the rights to Proactive, they continued to develop new products and sold their new line in department stores for a commission. The marketing was not what they wanted, so they began experimenting with a different way to market Roden and Fields. Their new marketing was the party aspect adopted by most MLM companies. In 2007 Roden and Fields bought back the rights to their products and operated under the MLM tier system.
What Products Do Roden And Fields Offer
The price of Roden and Fields skincare is high, but I am sure some people will pay a high price to get rid of their aging wrinkles. So Roden and Fields skincare products are not just for the rich but for anyone who wants to fight aging.
Roden and Fields list of products are extensive, but I will group them to give you a brief idea. This grouping will give you a better understanding of what Roden and Fields MLM company makes to serve the consumer.
- Redefine-The products in this line brighten and even skin, control age spots, and blemishes, lift, firms, and sculpts.
- Reverse-actively fights and reduces the signs of aging due to sun damage
- Unblemish-actively fights and clears acne with visible signs in one day
- Soothe-actively clears irritated, dry, red skin for a healthy appearance
- Enhancements-targeted toward particular parts of the body to correct specific issues
- Essentials-Broad spectrum sunscreen SPF 50
How To Become A Roden and Fields Consultant
According to the Roden and Fields website, you can click “Become A Consultant” and “Enroll Now,” or you can sign up under another consultant of your choice. There is an application to fill out.
Price To Join And Tools
- Application $75
- Starter kit for beginners $45-Advanced kit $995
- Website $24 monthly (optional), but my understanding is if you don’t pay, you can’t keep track of your orders and downline
The Roden and Fields website states the starter kit includes everything you will need to begin your business. Items such as product samples and advertising information. These items are estimated to last 60 days.
Roden and Fields states on their website that when you join, “As an Independent Consultant, you’ll be part of a supportive community, enjoy a flexible schedule and become an entrepreneur. You don’t need prior experience — we provide the tools and support.”
Ways To Earn As A Roden And Fields Consultant And Customer
- Free Shipping and Free ($50) gift-when you have made your second sale and signed up one consultant under you all for a one-time fee of $19.95
- Free shipping on all orders over $80
- 10% discount on all orders
Consultant Perks And Earnings
- Consultants get a 25% discount on all products.
- Retail Profits-average $30 from preferred customers and average $50 on retail
- Consultant commissions-you can earn if you keep 100 sales volume (you purchase or your customers purchase $100 in products per month). When you do this, you earn 10% commission on your direct level one downline and 5% commission on their direct downline all the way down.
- Executive Consultant-You are required to have 3 direct downlines and 3 tiered downlines with a sales volume of 600. You then earn the same as a consultant, but you now have a different title.
- Advanced Level One executive consultant-The earnings stay the same but reach this new title; you have to have one direct downline who achieves executive consultant status.
- Advanced level two executive consultant-The earnings stay the same but reach this new title; you have to have 2 direct downlines who achieve executive consultant status.
- Level five executive consultant-The earnings stay the same, but to reach this new title, you have to have 8 direct downlines who achieve executive consultant status.
Summary Of Earnings
In a nutshell, the percentage of people who actually make it to the Roden and Fields level five executive consultant status is only 70 consultants out of 362,000 consultants in 2019.
And only 50% of the Roden and Fields consultants make $466 a year. Just think about this for a moment. You pay $24 a month for a website, you purchase at least $100 a month in products, and you host parties with food and your time. How does this add up? In a year, you pay out $1,500.95 + your time and food and make $466. Sounds a bit upside down to me.
I took this information off of the 2019 Roden And Fields Income disclosure.
“Of the Paid Consultants in 2019, approximately:”
• “Top 1% were paid more than $26,096/annually”
• “Top 10% were paid more than $4,327/annually”
• “Top 50% were paid more than $466/annually“
Even if you are in the top 10%, which is approximately 3620 people, you still only make $4,327 a year. So your income after expenses is less than $2,800, which is way below poverty level income.
Roden And Fields Company Problems
MLM companies, in general, are notorious for the majority to make a poor income. But what about a company that ranks #25 in the top 100 MLM companies and is not doing so well?
In the year 2019, R & F dropped in consultants by 12%. They are having a hard time retaining employee consultants. They laid off 86 employees. Their net worth dropped from 1 billion to 700 million in 2019. Now all of this is before COVID. What will happen to this company due to the COVID crisis? That is yet to be determined, but my thoughts are not in their favor.
During COVID, they received a warning letter from the FTC stating that their consultants could not make false income claims on social media.
The first 15 out of 20 reviews on the consumer affairs’ website are a 1-star rating. Most stating the products do not work, and the customer service is horrible.
- Ranked #25 on the top 100 MLM companies to join
- At least 70 consultants make over $26,096 a year
- Consultants get a 25% discount on products
- Only a few make an income worth shaking a noodle at. 2019 Roden And Fields Income Disclosure.
- R & F is financially declining.
- At least 50% of consultants lose money in a year trying to keep their sales volume up to earn money.
- MLM companies are declining in status, and this company is no different
The Problem With MLM Companies In General
According to an FTC Government file, an MLM operation does not have a clearly defined definition. It calls MLM’s a ”product-based pyramid scheme” and compares it to an illegal chain letter. You know the letters you receive in the mail, it says to put a dollar in an envelope with a copy of the letter and send one to 10 people. Then if you do this, you will make a ridiculous amount of money.
The FTC Government document also states that MLM “is inherently flawed, unfair, and deceptive.”
I DO NOT recommend this company. It is an MLM company that gains off of its consultants harassing friends and family to join them. Most don’t make enough money to pay for their sales volume quota. A company ranked #25 in the top 100 MLM companies but having this much decline in their financial gain and many customer complaints doesn’t say much for any MLM company.
Roden and Fields is not a scam, but it is an MLM, and it does feed off of many and depend on the few, just like all MLM-based programs do.
I wrote this review to help you steer clear of an MLM company where you may have difficulties making money. But since you are reading this article, you may be looking for ways to make an income from home. I am an affiliate marketer and work from home. But remember, any business takes time and effort for you to create. Why not own your website and have full control over what you do? Not to mention full training and support to go with it.
My 4 – Step Formula
Suppose you want to learn more about setting up an honest business online. Click on the orange tab to learn more.
For Newbies To Set Up A Niche Website
Learn More about The Laura Method Here!