PicMonkey Photo Editor
Picnik employees Brian Terry, Justin Huff, Jonathan Sposato, Charlie Whiton, and Lisa Conquergood all former employees of Picnik founded PicMonkey in 2012. Picnik formerly owned by Google but shut down in 2010
The PicMonkey photo editor is an editing and design service. PicMonkey offers a mobile app, and you can access it online through your web browser.
You can edit photos and create designs by applying effects, touch up people photos, text with numerous fonts, overlays, frames, and textures. You can also choose from themes and templates to create your design.
PicMonkey also allows you to undo and redo with arrows at the bottom. You can save to hub and share with multiple devices, or export to your computer.
Benefits of PicMonkey
PicMonkey is a fierce photo editing app with tremendous potential for the beginner and novice alike.
- Business-you can design logos, business cards or birthday cards, or you can also edit any picture and have high-quality images for your business site
- Touch-ups-you can touch up faces or clone any photo to redesign what you see in the image. This one is my favorite. If you took a picture of 2 dogs and you only want one in the image, you can clone one out.
- Sharing-you can share between multiple devices, save to hub, and use mobile apps.
What can PicMonkey do for you?
PicMonkey is an effortless and exciting way to fulfill the needs of any business.
As a blogger, I have two choices for images on my websiteFast site speed is the ultimate in Affiliate marketing. When a person comes to your site and has to wait longer than 2-3 seconds for it to load, they will click out and go elsewhere. One choice is to resize every image after you download them to your site media file. Or two is to use Picmonkey to resize all of your pictures before downloading them to your site.
If your media ratio is 400 pixel and you have a 400×300 pixel photo your site will have to resize it every time your website is uploaded. But if you go into PicMonkey, you can do an overlay with the design editor, or resize it and your photo will be 400×400 pixel. Consequently, your site will load faster when the images are the correct size.
But let’s say you want to edit your photos from a night out with friends. You can enhance any photo to make everyone look ten years younger with a photo touch up. This feature brings photo-shopping to a whole new level. Who doesn’t want to look younger?
PicMonkey is a brilliant app with excellent features for any business or home.
How do you use PicMonkey?
Training, Help, and Support
PicMonkey has a Youtube channel with videos that teach everything you can imagine about their product. Check it out here. You will also have 78 articles under the help section in your account. These articles cover troubleshooting to Mobile and everything in between. If you don’t find the answer there or in the videos, you may contact PicMonkey directly through email.
|Hub storage for images|
|Basic||$7.99||$5.99||Up to 50 images|
What I like about PicMonkey
- Numerous fonts-PicMonkey offers a staggering number of fonts.
- Overlays- you can create an overlay or choose from a whole array of overlays provided by PicMonkey
- Touch up tools-this feature is phenomenal. You can make any person look ten years younger
- The ability to resize any photo
- Make a logo like a pro
- Auto adjust to enhance any photo
- Sharing on multiple devices with the mobile app
- Ability to build a terrific collage in many shapes and sizes
- The drop shadow frame to make a photo pop
- graphic design templates perfect for social media
What I don’t like about PicMonkey
- No drag and drop feature
- Can only work with one picture at a time makes it challenging to compare colors when I am using the overlay feature
- When I build a collage, I have to export to the editor to complete the photo and can’t go back if I want to change colors or photos
PicMonkey is a photo editing app with sharing capabilities across multiple devices.
PicMonkey does offer a 5-day free trial, but after five days, you will need to upgrade to use this app. The yearly price does provide a considerable discount over the monthly rate, as shown in the chart above.
I have been using PicMonkey for three years. I do not use all of the features, but the ones I do use are spectacular and well worth the price, in my opinion. Now that they offer the mobile app and I can share across multiple devices, I no longer need my other mobile apps. It is more convenient to work with one app.
The developers have listened to their customers and improved the platform with continued upgrades like the new PicMonkey and mobile sharing. As the world of internet progresses, so does, PicMonkey and Google does love this.
One other thing Google loves is the speed on my website. With the ability to resize my images, my site runs much faster.
I would like to see a drag and drop feature and the ability to navigate back and forth from building a collage to the editor shortly. PicMonkey has stepped up to the plate before, and I believe they will do so again with these two features.
It is no secret that I believe PicMonkey is the best photo editing tool in the business. I don’t think I can do my job as an affiliate marketer without PicMonkey photo editing app. I love what I can do with PicMonkey.
PicMonkey is my go-to for every photo editing need.
Learn More about how I make money online: My Wealthy Affiliate-It Might Be For You