My Freelance Paycheck is an ebook course on how to become an entrepreneur freelance writer. I am going to review this program to determine if it is a scam or legit. I am wondering if My Freelance Paycheck is a secret uncovered, as Laura Pennington says.
Please stay with me because I am not sure which way this will turn until I have purchased the product and we have looked at it carefully.
Today I will be covering;
- What I Found In The Initial Promotion
- What My Freelance Paycheck Has To Offer
- My Recommendations for Freelance Paycheck
- Red Flags Or Concerns
- My #1 Recomendation
My Freelance Paycheck
Program name: My Freelance Paycheck
Founder: Laura Pennington
Price: as high as $47 – $99.95 with an upsell of $16.75-$67
Recommended: I did give My Freelance Paycheck a thumbs up. No, it is not a scam. Please read on because I do have some concerns.
What I Found In The Initial Promotion
In the promotional video, I was a bit skeptical because Laura states she is going to reveal a secret. I have seen so many scams start like this.
But I also know that the word secret is a power word used often in promotions of all kinds.
Laura also makes some pretty outlandish statements of $1000, $2000, and $3000 income potential.
I decided to dig deeper and find the real truth about My Freelance Paycheck.
In the promotional internet face sheet, Laura does introduce herself. She states, “My Freelance Paycheck is my passion and my mission. It’s how I’m able to help other people and do even more with my life.”
Have you ever had a strong passion stuck inside of you? I like this part because I do know how it feels. You need to release that passion somehow to help the world.
Laura does tell her readers to ask themselves six questions to see if they want to be a freelance writer.
- Do you actually like writing?
- Are you self-motivated and disciplined?
- Can you easily adapt? Can you handle curveballs?
- Do you understand what being a “new” employee means?
- Are you bold enough to market yourself?
- Do you like learning new things?
I like #1, #2, and #5.
#1. Not everyone is a writer. It would help if you liked to write. Can you imagine spending your entire day in front of a computer putting down words, as Laura puts it, and hatting what you do?
#2. For you to have a business from home, you have to have self-discipline and self-motivation. Any new and entrepreneur has to learn when to work and when to take a break. Success does not happen in front of a TV.
#5. When you are producing work that is a part of you, it is imperative that you know you are good and build yourself up. Integrity and honesty are part of self-promotion.
So in the initial promotional face sheet, I do like how Laura promotes herself.
But we have not taken a look at the product yet. So let’s get right into My Freelance Paycheck.
What My Freelance Paycheck Has To Offer You-Is It A Secret Uncovered
Laura gives you two options to purchase the ebook. Option one is $47 for all online access. Option 2 is to buy physical books shipped to you and online access. Ther is a third option, but the price is the same as the complete package for $99.95.
Here is a list of what the $47 package includes.
- My Freelance Paycheck Main EBook
- My Freelance Paycheck MP3 Edition
- On-Demand Video Trainings
- Upwork Quickstart Guide PDF
- Success Multipliers PDF
I did purchase the $47 package because I want to give you the best review I possibly can. I want you to have all of the information to make an informed decision.
After I purchased the ebook, I read all 56 pages. Approximately 40% is motivation and helping you to determine if you are a writer and can do freelance writing. Laura does an excellent job with this part of the book.
She does tell you what you will need to be a successful freelance writer, and she does give you places to sign up and promote yourself.
Laura also helps you to determine a good client vs. a lousy client.
Overall the book is good. I do have some concerns that I will list in the Red Flag section.
To be honest, when I paid the $47 and the first thing: I saw was an upsell for $67, I was disappointed. I know Laura needs to make money, but I believe in everything upfront. I’m not too fond of the surprise of an upsell.
Her offer is for additional bonuses:
- My Freelance Paycheck advanced program in which you get 17 accelerator techniques. She used the word secret again. Freelance writing is not a secret. It is a business and has been around for a long time.
- Think and Grow Rich (mastery addition) by Napoleon Hill, which will teach you how to build an attitude to get what you want in life. I am unsure what the mastery edition is, but you can find numerous books on Amazon and Barnes and Nobel like the edition she is promoting.
- Secrets To Accelerating Your Millionaire Mind, which is supposed to unleash your real power.
I declined the upsell and received an offer to purchase it for a 50% discount.
Wait, that’s not all. I declined the offer again and received a 70% discount of $16.75. I don’t know why Laura didn’t just give it to me.
My Recommendations For Freelance Paycheck
I will give My Freelance Paycheck a thumbs up. For the price of $47, Laura does give you useful information.
I added the “Or Concerns” to the Red Flags heading area because I don’t see red flags, but I will list a few concerns.
Red Flags Or Concerns
- Laura says, My Freelance Paycheck is a secret uncovered. I am not sure what secrets she uncovered after reading the ebook.
- She reports in her book that an average blog post is around 500 words, which is old information and misleading.
- She states that you don’t need any experience to write blog posts for others. You will need to study SEO, or your client will have to rewrite your work.
- She states that you place a keyword in your article every 100 words or so. That is also old information.
- I’m not too fond of the surprise of upsells.
After my review I do not believe that My Freelance Paycheck is a scam. I do think this is not a course for beginners or someone who wants to learn to write.
To use this course, you will need to have established writing talent. But Laura does not lead you to believe she will teach you how to write.
She is here to help you learn how to freelance and find clients.
My thoughts on the situation are, if you are a writer and you are going to write for someone else who has a blog and an online business, why not do it for yourself?