Are you looking for ways to improve your blog posts? If yes, you should definitely check out this article on how to write blog posts.
High-quality blog posts are essential for building your niche’s authority and credibility. The problem is that most bloggers don’t realize that they can rank their blog posts using SEO techniques.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is optimizing web pages or websites to increase their visibility in search engines like Google. The goal of SEO is to get your site ranked high in organic search results.
How To Write Blog Posts
As a beginner in blogging or affiliate marketing, it is essential to understand how to write a post. It won’t do any good to optimize content if you don’t know how to write valuable information.
If you search the internet on how to write blog posts, you will find plenty of information on the steps and how to optimize it, but very few courses train the beginner in writing.
What is SEO Content?
The best way to explain what SEO content is would be to compare it with regular content. Regular content is just like an ordinary piece of text written by someone. You are free to use it however you want. For example, you could copy-paste it into an email, put it on social media, etc.
But with, SEO and a well-optimized blog post it has different rules. When you create content for SEO purposes, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind. These include:
Keywords – Your keywords or keyword variations are the words people type into search engines when searching for something. They are also known as “search terms.” A keyword is basically a word or phrase that describes your topic.
Headings – We use headings to organize your content which helps readers scan through content more easily.
Internal Links – Internal links help readers navigate from one page to another within the same website, which lets Google know you are proud of your work.
External Links – External or outbound links allow users to go to other sites and validate the information.
Alt Tags – An alt tag describes images in your posts.
Images – Nice images add visual appeal to content, but Google requires that one optimize images also.
Content-Length – The length of your content matters too. In most cases, longer content means better ranking, yet keep in mind that shorter posts also have a purpose.
Backlinks – Backlinks are important because they show up in search engine rankings.
In short, SEO content is about creating content optimized for search engines. The type of content Google searches and puts on position one on page one.
Why And How SEO Impacts Your Google Ranking
Google ranks websites based on several factors, including backlinks, domain authority, etc. But the biggest factor is usually the quality of the content.
Google runs your published content through its algorithm to determine whether or not it is relevant and valuable to its users.
How to Write Blog Posts For SEO
Writing great content takes time and effort. If you have never done this before, then you should start small. You can also take a training course that will go through all the steps to write and learn to optimize your content.
When I started writing, putting words on paper was easy, but a few years later, I was horrified at the content I wrote.
Since then, I have searched and researched everything about writing and optimizing my content. Actually, with all of my findings and experience, “Writing Content That Ranks” was born to help beginners.
Writing Content That Ranks
“Writing Content That Ranks” is an in-depth writing course with 5 modules and 45 courses to train the beginner from start to finish.
What To Expect From An Extensive Course Such As: “Writing Content That Ranks?”
That’s a great question because there are many components to writing a good blog post that ranks. For example, in module #1, you can expect:
- Preparation for writing – prepare yourself mentally and physically. It includes learning to set aside enough time to focus on writing and manage day-to-day family needs.
- Complete understanding of what content writing is and is not – understand that content writing is not just putting words together. You must understand what makes good content and what does not. Learn the difference between content and copy.
- How to write an optimized blog post title is very important in SEO – There are strict SEO requirements for the title of a post.
- Planning ahead – plan out topics, posts and ideas with a list of keywords, so necessary for time management.
- Keyword research and how to apply – it is the process of finding the best keyword suggestions or a keyword phrase for each article and using them correctly throughout the entire piece.
- Find your audience’s pain points – discover people’s problems and address those issues. Find out what their frustrations are and solve them.
- Keywords vs. long-tail-keywords – often writers who do not understand the importance of long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are more specific and likely to bring visitors to your site.
- Seo requirements for ranking a blog post – Google has an algorithm that looks for particular items in a post. These are known as requirements for SEO, which get your post ranked at the top of page one for everyone to see: high-quality content or valuable content matters.
- What Is All In One Seo – There are specific plugins an affiliate marketing writer can use to optimize their posts. The All In One SEO plugin is a more popular and works well. It allows you to add meta tags, descriptions, images, videos, social media links, etc.
- Learn to set up the All In One SEO plugin – Just having the plugin will not help if you don’t know the proper settings. Knowing exactly how to configure the plugin step-by-step to best optimize a post is so important.
- Using the All In One SEO plugin – Once we configure it, it is imperative to know how to use it with images and complete instructions.
- How to correctly set a permalink – Permalinks lead people to the site, but they need to be set up correctly for Google to find them.
- Goal setting – Goals keep us grounded, move us forward, and keep our focus on track and properly setting them is a milestone for many.
- Research – learn to properly research for valuable information to write a post. Find sources that are credible and reliable.
- Template guides to follow – free templates to follow to help ensure everything is set in the proper order and done correctly.
- The dos and don’ts of writing – When writing there are right things to do, but there are also some not-so-right things. Things like adding too much content or making it too wordy, otherwise known as keyword stuffing.
- Exercises to walk the beginner through writing – Very few are born writers. The rest of us have to learn to write.
- Proofreading, placement of transition words, and power words – Google actually looks for these features in an optimized blog post. We all learned these writing tools back in school, which may have been many years ago.
- Final touches – when it comes to the finished project, there are always those things that we can’t forget, such as:
- Double checks
- Grammar and plagiarism
- When not to publish a post – believe it or not, there are times no one should publish
Why Do You Need A Step-By-Step Blueprint For Writing Content That Ranks?
Some minds are organized, and some are disorganized.
The organized mind requires oneself to develop skills intentionally and create habits. A training course written step-by-step will help create structure.
The disorganized mind may be from perfectionism or creativity, bouncing in many directions when taking in the information. So, an organized blueprint helps place it in a more organized fashion.
Whether your mind is organized or disorganized is not the point. Instead, both require a blueprint to input the information and have a plan to follow.
Each type of mind will learn and apply organized instructions and produce a post with great potential to rank.
Step-by-step instructions to follow and refer to whenever the need arises are the answer to writing and optimizing content that will pull in free traffic and make money.
Writing content that ranks is a learned process. For the beginner, it is important to have every step outlined and easy to follow. It also needs to be simple enough so anyone can understand and implement it.
It’s not about being perfect; it’s about getting started and learning to write content that ranks.
The act of writing is a learning process to help you move forward and pull in free organic traffic. Why pay for ads when you can optimize a piece of written content to rank on page one at the top of the page?
An organized or disorganized mind will benefit from an in-depth training course like Writing Content That Ranks.