Everyone talks about it, and some are doing it, but how can you start blogging, get paid, and stay at home? It is possible for you, and I will show you the most important secret to accomplish your goal.
In this post, I will list how to make money blogging and where you can find the training you need to learn.
Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
Life is harder today
I know how hard it is to make money today to keep food on the table and pay the bills. I was a single mom years ago and had many feelings of hopelessness. It was scary to wonder where the next meal was coming from, and would I have enough money at the end of the month to put gas in my car.
Not to mention all of the money my kids needed to go to school. I was inevitably digging into my purse to find the cash to give to my kids for that project or lunch for the day. I do know that in our world today it is so much harder than when I raised kiddos.
I wanted to be home with them or have more time or take my children on trips to build memories. It just wasn’t possible years ago. But today the internet has opened new doors and changed the way moms and dads will raise their families.
I also know that pension and social security are not enough to keep up with the bills either. The medical bills that Medicare doesn’t pay will deplete all of your savings. Then you have nothing to show for the hard work you did all of your life and are left feeling devastated.
What I am about to show you may be overwhelming for you if you don’t know much about blogging and websites. Even if you are knowledgeable, it still may sound like a foreign language to you.
I encourage you to hang in with me because I am going to give you a solution to your problem, confusion, and distress. You can cut to the bottom where I have summarized all of this if you like.
Requirements for how to start blogging, get paid and stay at home
1. Computer-Most homes have a computer of some sort today. It doesn’t have to be the best, but it will need to connect to the internet. If you don’t have a home computer, you can do this from your phone or I-Pad which is not ideal, but it will work.
2. A hosting site-a hosting site is a company that makes it possible for your blog to show on the internet. There are numerous hosting companies like; Wix, GoDaddy, and Wealthy Affiliate.
3. Content Management System-to build your website, such as; WordPress
4. A niche a passion-an idea, a dream or something you know about and want to tell the world about
5. A domain name-this is usually a .com that allows you to be a unique site on the internet
With these five items, you will build your blog and reach the world. But that is not all you need.
How do you monetize a website to make money?
1. Keyword research -is a way to let Google know you are good enough to compete with the best competition in the world
2. Google ranking-Google is the top search engine on the internet. You will want Google to search and find your blog and put it at the top of page one when people search for your passion. When Google ranks you high, the world will trust you and see your work, and you will make money
3. Affiliate marketing-example; you have a passion for dogs, you set up your blog to sell dog items while letting the public know how to take care of dogs. You will need to find companies who sell what you have on your website. Then you become a partner with these companies and make a commission on what your readers buy from your site.
4. Pay per click-this is company ads placed on your website that you get paid for when people click on them
Where to find training
This step is a bit more complicated. All hosting companies offer training. Most of them provide it in the form of support groups, FAQ, forums, and tutorials. If you are a novice at this, you may do fine with this type of training. But if you are starting and a newbie to Affiliate marketing, you will need step-by-step instruction.
1. A hosting company like Wix or GoDaddy-These are good companies for the person who knows how to set up a website, write good content, find the perfect niche, SEO to get noticed by Google and the list goes on and on.
2. A hosting and training platform like Wealthy Affiliate-this is a platform with full training, support, step-by-step training on building a site, and they offer a free website. Wealthy Affiliate will teach you how to find your niche, how to set up a website, how to write content, how to get ranked, and find the perfect keyword.
Does all of this sound foreign to you? It seemed like a spaghetti soup to me. All messed up and slimy.
Another useful resource to help explain this also is: How To Create A Website Business
If you are trying to start blogging, get paid, and stay home, you are in the right place. Yes, it all sounds confusing to many of you. The need for websites, hosting, keywords, niche, and so much more can be daunting.
Training is the key to a successful blog that will make you money. I discovered the platform of Wealthy Affiliate when I was looking for reviews on a company. It was offered to me as an alternative to make money. The article said, it is free to step inside and take a look around, and no credit card required. They were right. The platform was like magic to my eyes.
I did put in my email address and a password and looked around. I took the first ten lessons and found to my surprise a whole new world inside of the internet. It is like an entity of its own. Wealthy Affiliate introduced to a new life where there is extensive step-by-step training and support from real people like myself.
I set up a website on a hosting company platform that taught me how to discover my exact niche, how to get ranked on Google with keyword research, how to write good content and how to monetize my site to get paid.
Wealthy Affiliate is a world-class time-tested platform with everything you need to know all in one place and has an incredible community for support.
I have placed links throughout this post to lead you to more information on Wealthy Affiliate. Please take a look to decide how you will change your life.
I know you have heard “start now” and you think this is a ploy to get you to sign up quickly before you have time to think about what you are doing. While this may be true for many, in this case, it is not as it appears. I am urging you to get started soon.
But you can take time and look at the Wealthy Affiliate platform. You can make a sound informed decision because you can enter this platform FREE and take the first ten lessons free. No credit card required.
But the real reason I want you to “start now” is because blogging is a business. A business takes time to build. If you’re going to quit your job and stay home with your family, you may need to become a blogger and work at the same time. You can stop your work when your business takes off. For some, this is a short time, and for others, it takes longer to build your empire.
The time you put into your business is worth every second because, in the end, you will have freedom, money, and more time. I want to be honest and transparent; this is not a get rich quick scheme. It is a business and a job that you can do from home with flexible hours according to your time and need.
So, don’t wait. Get started soon and be on your way to confidence and strength, knowing you have security because you built your empire the way you wanted to. Wealthy Affiliate is the answer!
I like comments and questions. I also love to help others help themselves, and I am here for you. Please leave a comment below with questions or experiences, and I will be back with you very shortly.