A vital part of SEO is to create backlinks to your website to increase Google ranking. A way to develop backlinks is to comment on other blogs, but how to comment on a website is the real question.
The best way to create a backlink to your site is by commenting on other blogs that are relevant to yours. Relevant comments will help you get more traffic, increase your website’s authority, and improve its search engine rankings.
But how can you achieve this, and what should you say in your comments?
We will learn all of this in our article today.
A backlink is when a website links to another webpage or website. The tie from one webpage to another is known as a “backlink.”
Backlinks play an important role in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). They are used to rank websites higher in search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
So we now know what a backlink is, but what are the best comments to leave, and which ones will another website moderator approve?
How To Comment On A Website – Good Components
There are many different components of a good comment:
- Be original. Don’t copy someone else’s work or use their words verbatim. Instead, write something new and unique.
- Be relevant. Make sure you’re talking about the topic of the post. If it’s not related to your niche, don’t bother leaving a comment.
- Be brief. Keep your comments short and sweet. However, don’t leave short comments like “Great Job.” Add to the quality of a post.
- Be polite. Always be courteous and respectful to the blogger who posted the content. Never attack anyone personally.
How Do I Find Relevant Blogs To Comment On?
We will begin with your favorite search engine to find relevant blogs. I use Google, so that I will reference it in this article.
Let’s start with Google, where you can put in your “keyword” + “leave a reply.” For example, “affiliate marketing” + “leave a reply.” Your search will bring up sites with relevant articles, but at this point, it is important to look at a few others items about the websites.
Now click on the link for a free domain authority checker and put a domain in the box. Now check the DA or domain authority.
The higher the DA, the better SEO links the site will provide. With this in mind, choose a website with a DA of 30 or above, and the higher the DA, the better.
Look for blogs that are similar to your own. These are called “relevant blogs.” Your goal is to find blogs with high numbers of visitors and lots of activity.
When you find a relevant blog, first scroll to the bottom to ensure the post has a comment box with a URL and name area. Then read through the posts before making any comments. Read every single post thoroughly. Look at the title, the author name, the date, the time, and the number of views.
Also, look at the comments section. Are there any questions or comments left by people asking for more information?
You’ve found a great place to start if you see these items. But if you don’t see them, keep looking.
Structure Of A Good Blog Comment
There are some solid dos and don’ts that will help structure a good comment when you follow them.
- Read the full article
- Use your real name – your full name
- Use an actual website that the moderator can go to and check out.
- make sure your avatar is set up and shows up – no avatar is a sure sign of spam
- In your comment, add information related to the article and upstage the author, which means be positive and build up the author.
- Use proper grammar and spelling
- Your comment needs to be at least 60 characters long but ideally between 300 and 500 characters. Here is a free character counter.
- Do not ask tech questions that you should ask on a forum
- Don’t talk about a different subject that is not related to the article
- Do not leave a link in the comment unless requested to do so
If you follow these suggestions, you can build valuable backlinks to your website. With this in mind, backlinks with a high solid DA will help your rankings on Google.
Not only giving comments is good to generate backlinks but it is good to get comments on your website. Here are some tips to help you get comments as well.