Grammarly’s initial release was nine years ago on July 1, 2009. Alex Shevchenko and Max Lytvyn initially developed it and is now owned by Grammarly, Inc with Brad Hoover as the CEO. This online app is designed to do spell check, grammar check and plagiarism check against 250 grammar rules.
Grammarly has made themselves widely available as an extension on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari. Oh, and did I mention it is also available for both iOS and Android.
The real question is, which one is more beneficial for you Grammarly free or premium?
Grammarly allows you to choose your type of writing style and then checks your grammar accordingly. For instance, if you are writing an informative piece versus a relaxed manner, Grammarly checks your syntax according to your choice.
At this moment, I am using Grammarly keyboard. As I type the app focuses on punctuation, repetitive words, and seeks out even little errors and makes a suggestion for improvement.
The greatest benefit is I write, Grammarly does the work and checks everything I write for proper punctuation and passive voice. Grammarly does not like passive voice, and consequently, I have learned to write an appropriate sentence.
Another incredibly great benefit is the ability to learn proper grammar from Grammarly. When I began using this app my whole article was filled with passive voice sentences. After using Grammarly for a year I rarely have a passive voice error in my posts.
Who needs Grammarly
I think the question should be who is not a good candidate for Grammarly? The only person I can think of would be a poet because a poet does not use complete sentences. I am a poet, and I use Grammarly for my blogs and writing. So, this means Grammarly is for writers, bloggers, entrepreneurs, students, resumes, people who write a thesis and writing grants. Grammarly is for those who want to excel in business and for everyone who wants to improve themselves and their online presence.
Support and training
Grammarly does offer a support FAQ on many subjects. But to be honest with you I have never had to use it. Grammarly is very straightforward and easy to use.
What I like about Grammarly
- It builds my confidence-I can write and get my thought down without worrying about grammar.
- Grammarly checks my writing for proper grammar for me.
- Thorough and a precise scan of my writing and fixes the issues
- I have improved my English and the use of proper punctuation
- It protects me against unknown plagiarism
- The app is up to date, and I can trust it to use the latest slang
- I can choose my style of writing
- It is useful for many browsers as well as iOS and Android
- The biggest thing I like about Grammarly is that I love to write, but I am not an English major. Grammarly is my English major where I am lacking.
- The upgrade to premium is an affordable value one can not pass up.
What I don’t like about Grammarly
- They do not always choose the right grammar for me. I have to check to make sure the app is not picking a word change that does not fit my context
- Grammarly checks my syntax, but it does not make my writing better. I am still responsible for my content.
Grammarly free or premium?
The comparison chart below clearly shows what the features of premium Grammarly are. Yes, you can use the app for free, and it will check critical grammar issues and spelling for you. But the bonus that Grammarly offers is at an incredibly discounted rate at $139.94 per year which is a savings of $219.48 per year. Or you can pay the $29.95 per month until you see just how impressive this app is.
Surveys performed on Grammarly users revealed
- 76% of writers enjoy writing more with the premium.
- 99% of a student’s grades improve with premium.
- 85% of writers improve their writing with premium.
The choice is yours, but I strongly believe in Grammarly premium to enhance your writing abilities and grammar. I have been a premium user of Grammarly for over a year. I love writing, but as I have said, I am not an English scholar. The free version is wonderful but not enough to help me feel confident in my writing abilities.
If I write a sentence with poor grammar, these mistakes will affect my credibility. I need to build the trust of my readers because I am a trustworthy person. My readers know a great deal about me because of what they see in my writing. I have to convey to them who I am and what I know through my grammar. Grammarly helps me build that trust.
Grammarly is an incredible app that allows me to write while it helps me with its ability to correct when I am wrong. This app teaches me and improves my English while allowing me to be myself in my writing.
You will need to pay attention to every suggestion of Grammarly because not all of them will be the best recommendation for you.
With Grammarly free version you will get some fantastic benefits but if you want to have full confidence in your grammar and what you are conveying to your readers you will want to purchase the premium features at the discounted rate of $139.94 per year.
The survey of Grammarly users has proven the need for Grammarly premium to enhance writing, business and ability to excel in school and improve online presence.
I am here to assist you in any way I can. I love to answer questions. Please leave a comment below, and I will be back with you very shortly.