- 1 Overall Rating
- 2 PROS
- 3 CONS
- 4 My Overall Rating
- 5 Learn About A Better Way
In my GoDaddy official site review, we will:
- Learn About GoDaddy
- Overall Ratings
- How I Rate Godaddy Good And Bad.
- Is There A Better Way?
Let’s get started and find out more information.
Product Overview Found In Wikipedia
GoDaddy Inc. has headquarters in Scottsdale, Arizona and incorporated in Delaware and is a web hosting company that is an American publicly traded Internet domain registrar. As of May 2017, GoDaddy has over 6,000 employees worldwide and approximately 17 million customers. The company is involved in several controversies related to censorship.
- Godaddy states domain purchase at .99 cents
- Support by phone, email or support ticket submission 24/7
- Library of videos and tutorials to build your website
- indicated “no tech skills required” to set up a website
- The actual price for domain purchase is $13-$15 per year not .99 cents
- Searching for support can take hours to find the answer
- The assistance of a technician to work on-site issues is at a price
- Each time a call is made to a support team member they attempt to upsell a product
In my GoDaddy official site review, I have a different story than what their advertising boasts.
I transferred my website to GoDaddy a few years ago. I was excited because I could call and talk to a person on the phone instead of submitting a support ticket.
I was not internet savvy and knew nothing about how to optimize my site or what I needed to have to protect my site.
I quickly found their expertise to be lacking.
When GoDaddy initiated the transfer from another server to GoDaddy, no one knew why my site would not display.
I could not load my site on google for almost three weeks. Then when my site did show up, it was fragmented. I spent many hours on the phone with numerous technicians.
Each time they would tell me the other person did not know what they were talking about and ask me to try something different.
After my site began working, I had a few issues. As these issues arose, I would call support. They said the problem that needed repairing was not included in the price and required the purchase of an additional package.
I had no choice but to upgrade. I was a newbie and had no idea what to do.
What they failed to tell me before I purchase a package is that the package that I bought may not include the repair I needed.
I did purchase a package thinking I could use it as I needed. Three months after my purchase, I received an email stating my purchased package expires in one week.
No one mentioned this when I bought the package. I am sure it is in the fine print somewhere, but no one said anything to me about expiring in 3 months. So I paid good hard-earned money for services that I could not use.
Not to mention GoDaddy boasts one free month with .99 cent domain hosting. I never saw .99 cents hosting but rather a cost of $13-$15 dollars a year for domain rights.
The free first month turned into numerous up sales. I had to pay for SSL, support, 365 email, and countless other services.
I spent well over $500 a year to host my site at GoDaddy and never did have a clear understanding of SEO or how to get ranked on Google.
Just about anything on their site that says “give us a call” will be an up sale. Every time I called with an issue, they would tell me about a new service that I need in the future and should buy now.
Since I am not a computer technician, I had no idea if they were telling me the truth or not.
This continuous upsell led me to believe they prey on the newbie.
I do believe GoDaddy is legit and maybe a good company for people who have a background in computer programming.
But for a person like myself who does not have much knowledge of websites and SEO, it is inadequate and requires repeated upgrades to get the help needed.
It concerns me when a company as large as GoDaddy has a 67% increase in fees in two years, and they do not make all of the charges known upfront.
Their 24/7/365 support is available, but the response time to emails and support ticket takes way to long. When you call the technical support staff, they have inadequate knowledge to assist with technical issues.
My Overall Rating
Learn About A Better Way
I thought Godaddy was the BOMB! I knew nothing as a newbie. I tried to learn SEO. Godaddy was there for me to sell me anything I needed.
Oh but wait does that make GoDaddy the best. NOPE, not when I look back and see some places respect my needs and don’t think my money belongs to them.
A year ago, I found Wealthy Affiliate a platform that has taught me everything. At WA, I learned everything I needed to know to set up a site, monetize it, optimize it, and even how to write a post. I was provided with the best keyword search tool in the industry and learned how to get my posts to rank on Google.
The cool part is I pay one monthly fee, well now I pay a yearly premium of $255, which is a Black Friday special. But if you don’t have the annual fee, you can pay $49 a year for all of the training and information your brain can store.
I landed into a community of support and new friends. It isn’t just a support forum but real people who I interact with daily. It is an incredible place of goodness, kindness, and helping people.
- You can sign up for FREE and continue with the free membership for 6 months if you like.
- WA offers siterubix.com, which is a free website builder only found at WA.
- Those who are serious about creating an online income can become a premium member for only $49 each month.
- The only up sale is a purchase of a domain $13-$15 a year, but that is if you want a .com, .net or a .org domain
- With the free membership, you have two free siterubix websites, and with premium, you have 25 sites. WOW!!!
- Technical support is available 24/7/365 and response is within a few minutes.
- Community support is available with the premium membership 24/7/365 in the form of consistent training, live training webinars, step-by-step training, and questions of the community. Not to mention live chat is you have a question you want to address immediately.
- An extensive teaching on SEO and numerous ways to make your site rank on Google, page one position one!
- You have access to Jaaxy one of the best keyword research tools in the world.
I could list assets all day long, but if you are looking for a better way with a company that is time-tested world-class and highly respected. And known for their university-style online training, then Wealthy Affiliate is for you.
I love questions and comments. When you leave a comment, I am notified and will be back with you very shortly.
P.S. When you sign up free I know you will want to become a premium member. I have a bonus for you. Within the first 7 days, if you become premium, I will give you the first month at a 59% discount. That is only $19 for the very first month and the $49 every month after that.