In our 4th lesson on Branding, we will talk about email marketing branding and social media Branding. The ticket to Branding is to get your name out there and get it everywhere. Does this mean you want to run out and join every social media platform there is? NO, and NO again!
Or does this mean I want you to send spam emails? NO, and NO again!
You are branding your business, and if you send out spam emails, you could potentially harm your hard-earned name.
I will set up a series on email marketing, but we will learn the basics of branding your site with email in this lesson.
What Will You Learn By The End Of Lesson #4
- The importance of email marketing today
- Email marketing services
- How to use email marketing for branding
- The importance of social media for branding
- Social media platforms
- How to brand with social media
The Importance Of Email Marketing Today
Emails first began in the 1060s. Now that’s a long time ago. One would think that email marketing is also old and of no use. NOT so true!
In lesson #3 of our branding series, we talked about the buyer’s circle. A person needs to hear about a product 7 times before they decide to purchase. Here is where email marketing comes into play. We will cover more of this in the series on email marketing.
But as you are sending out emails to your subscribers, it is essential to brand your emails. Your logo is recognizable, and when your subscribers see it, they will identify it as you and your business. Not to mention you want your logo and site name on everything you put out on the internet.
You can also pack your emails with engaging information that has a part of you in it. Who you are will come through in your words.
Email Marketing Services
Now is an excellent time to choose an email service.
What to look for in an email company:
- Free trial or free until you have a certain # of subscribers – A free trial will allow you to try the service out. If it is not user-friendly for a beginner, then you can go to a different company. You also want to have the availability to send out emails. If the number you can send is too limited there is no need to continue.
- Easily integrates with WordPress – you have enough to do and work on without trying to figure out a complicated integration system. Many email services have automatic integration set up.
- Has excellent tutorials – Good tutorials are not enough. The service you choose needs to have exceptional tutorials that are easy to follow.
- Ability to set up an opt-in form on your site – hopefully you have an email service that is free and offers more than just an opt-in form. A service that allows the use of many form builders on the free plan is a plus.
- Affiliate Marketing friendly – Not all email services like affiliate marketing. Sounds a bit crazy but so true.
I’ll give you a few suggestions but feel free to look at the list above and choose any email service that suits you well.
- Aweber is my first pick. It is the email provider I use. I tried a few and found Aweber to have the best service.
- MailerLite is one of the best free-for-advanced marketers, according to their site. I have had other marketers say they like MailerLite.
- Sendinblue has all the features you will need. One caution: you can only send 300 emails a day, but this may carry you a long way as a beginner.
NOTE: I recommend staying away from MailChimp. Their service is not big on affiliate marketing.
How To Use Email Marketing For Branding
There are ways to brand your emails for your business. Let me list a few here.
- Put your logo on each email – most autoresponders allow you to put your logo in the header and the footer of an email. Make use of the area to brand your email.
- Use your site branding colors in your email template with headings and your CTA button – For example, My colors are green for my Resign with money site and green and gold for The Laura Method. You can make your headings within your email the color of your site. Keep it subtle. Don’t overwhelm the reader with too much color but use the colors as a hint of recognition.
- Send a strong, friendly welcome message to each new subscriber – a nice friendly “hello welcome” email says a thousand words. People will remember this and be more likely to open your future emails.
- Build trust with valuable information; don’t always push something to sell – I know I don’t like to have emails push, push and push their products. If you want to build trust, give your readers valuable information. You can even compare your product to another and give your reader a choice.
- Use articles on your blog to share in emails and redirect the article to your blog or website to help imprint your brand on their minds – the link back to your website plants a memory in the readers’ minds. When they click into your site, they see your colors, logo, and tons of articles giving them choices and the information they need.
- Let your personality shine in your emails, be transparent – If you have had struggles, let them know. When you have successes, let them know. But always do it positively. People want to hear how you overcame, not how you sank into the problem.
One of my favorite email series I have subscribed to is “Sheets and Giggles.” You may not want to buy sheets, but the emails are exceptional. You can go to Sheets and Giggles to sign up for their emails to be inspired.
The Importance Of Social Media For Branding
Social media is a great place to engage interested consumers. In 2020, worldwide 3.6 billion people were using social media, and by 2025 that number will increase to 4.41. WOW, now that’s a lot of potential customers for your business.
With the increase in social media users, it is detrimental to use some form of social media. And you want your logo and presence to be recognizable.
Social Media Platforms
When we think of social media, we think of Facebook, Twitter, and today TikTok. Here is a list of 17, but by no means is this all of them. I recommend not to overextend yourself. Pick maybe 3 and market them well.
How To Brand With Social Media
Each platform has a different audience and a different way to reach them. Make yourself familiar with the social media accounts you choose by researching each platform you choose. Look at their rules and look at other brands on the platforms you choose. Follow the rules, and away you go. Here is a list of ways to brand yourself on social media.
- Update your accounts.
- Set up a business account if the platform allows
- Again use your logo and your colors for your business across all social media accounts
- Also use them in the headers, for example, a header on YouTube or Facebook
- Be consistent on posting (set a schedule when you will post) – build trust
- Engage your readers with positive content
- Use one account for one business and set up another if you have more than one business.
- Be social and interact – but do not spend all of your time on social media. One can get lost in a platform and lose track of the hours.
In the words of Maya Angelou
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”Maya Angelou
Make them feel important, and they will remember your brand.
This concludes our series on Branding. For questions or guidance, I am here to help. You can reply in the comments below, email me at email@example.com or contact me through the contact page.