Knowing the guidelines and the types of hosting don’t go very far in choosing which one is best for you. Today I will cover 3 website hosting sites for beginners, both managed and shared hosting.
My goal is to make it easier for you to choose the right place to house your new online business. As well as get the most out of a hosting provider to help you succeed.
What Is Managed Hosting?
Managed hosting only lets you use WordPress, however for a beginner it is not a problem. After all, WordPress is the most popular and, in my opinion, the best place for a beginner to start.
When using managed WordPress hosting, you don’t need to address any hosting tasks or learn what a cPanel is. As a matter of fact, you only need to handle the website creation and rank your site on the search engines.
In addition, a managed hosting company will handle all performance issues and security and provide backups for your site.
With this in mind, as a beginner learn how to choose a website hosting provider.
3 Website Hosting Sites For Beginners – Managed – Recommended
- Wealthy Affiliate
SiteGround is known for its lightning-fast loading time as well as its 24/7 tech support and customer service.
- Lightning-fast servers
- Easy drag and drop website builder
- Free SSL certificate
- Excellent 24/7 support
- However, you have to sign a 3-year contract for the lowest possible pricing plan.
The lowest price is $3.99 a month, but with a 3-year contract the price is $143, which is a bit hefty for a beginner.
As one of the largest hosting providers, Bluehost has over 2 million worldwide hosted websites. Equally important, they have a vast array of experience in the hosting world.
- Super beginner-friendly
- Free SSL certificate
- Fantastic customer support
- Free website builder
- Consequently, you have to sign a 12-month contract for the lowest pricing.
You can start as low as $2.75 a month, but you will pay yearly, so the initial cost is $33 for the first year.
Wealthy Affiliate is a complete website building platform that is slightly different from the other 2 listed here. WA is well known for its step-by-step training to help beginners create a niche website and operate an online business.
Their monthly subscription includes managed website hosting. However, for the monthly fee, you have the full support of millions of like-minded affiliate marketers like yourself.
- Free domain hosting Siterubix with the option of your own domain
- Complete management of the hosting service with free security, fast loading time, and free plugins
- Drag and drop website builder with full training
- 24/7 tech support as well as live chat, question and answer board, and internal blogging
- 7-day free trial
- The price is a bit higher, but it is a one-stop-shop with everything you need to operate an online business.
With this in mind, the complete package is $49 a month for website hosting and comprehensive training. However, there is no contract, and you can do a 7-day free trial to see if it is a good fit for you.
Shared hosting is just as it sounds. Given that, you and others with websites share the same server, which allows for a better price plan and a good starting place for beginners.
With shared hosting, you will have some restrictions, but in the beginning, these restrictions will not matter. That is to say, as your site grows and needs more space, you can upgrade.
After all, the more you build out your site, the more traffic you get and the more revenue you make to afford to upgrade.
Hostinger is known for its excellent price plan, speed, and outstanding customer service. In addition, the pricing is the lowest in the hosting provider market.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free SSL certificate
- Excellent customer service
- Fast loading website time
- The lowest plan only allows one website and limited hosting space, which may not be an issue for a small business website.
With this in mind, the pricing starts at $2.99 a month, billed for 12 months for one site, which is $36.
DreamHost is known for its longevity of 18 years and its reliability. Not to mention with its incredible pricing, it is perfect for a beginning marketer.
- Monthly pricing plan
- Endorsed by WordPress
- Free SSL
- one-click WordPress installation
- The lowest plan is for only one month, and then the price increases.
It starts at $1.99 a month for the first month and then increases to $7.99 monthly for one site.
Everybody loves HostGator for its fantastic customer support and automatic site creation. Not to mention, it has been around for a long time and has tons of experience in the hosting business.
- Automatically creates a website with an optimized design
- Many free features included, such as an SSL certificate
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 full support
- At the same time, the lowest price, has a 2-year minimum contract.
$3.46 billed for 2 years which is $83
Here are 6 website hosting providers that I believe will serve a beginner well. With this in mind, which one will you prefer? Managed or shared hosting?
Please look at each one to see which is the best fit for you.