With your online business having visitors come to your website is imperative to any sort of success. Typically, we rely on organic search traffic from Google, Bing, and Yahoo for visitors. Well, today, there are a plethora of other reliable sources where you can use to bring in visitors. Here are 3 Simple Sources of Website Traffic To Excel Your Growth.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest started with Ben Silbermann, the CEO and a cofounder in 2010. By August of 2010, it had grown to 5,000 users. But by April of 2012, the users has exploded to 17 billion.
Pinterest is a visual platform that stole the hearts of many social media lovers. Why is visual so essential? Well, something visual is easier to understand than a block of text. Your mind processes a picture quicker and remembers 80% compared to words of which it will retain only 20%.
For Newbies To Set Up A Niche Website
Put in your email to access your training dashboard.
That is a huge difference, which is why Pinterest is the first platform we will talk about to drive traffic to your website.
How To Sign Up For A Business Account
The first step in this process is to sign up for a Pinterest account. It is straightforward.
- On your laptop, go to Pinterest. Or on your phone, download the Pinterest app. In the upper right corner of your laptop, click on the “signup tab.” You have the option to sign up with an email and password, Facebook account, or a Google account. Choose how you will sign up and when you have completed this, then click the “continue” tab. BUT WAIT!
- BUT to drive traffic to your website, you will want to set up a business account. You can do this by skipping the signup process and scrolling to the bottom of this form to click on “business account.”
- You will then see a form to put in your email account, and password then click on “create account.”
- You will choose the language and country. You want to select a country where you get most of your traffic. For example: if you are in South Africa and most of your website traffic or your targeted audience is from the US, you will want to choose the US. Click “next.”
- Here is where you name your Pinterest account. I name mine after my business, such as “Resign With Money.” Then choose the type of business. Click “next.”
- You will then be on the page to verify your website. It is a simple process. Put your site name in the field. The format is a bit different than most. It will look like this, “resign-with-money.com” click “next.” Some will say to skip this step and come back later. I believe it is an important step. When your Pinterest account links to your website every time someone shares a pin, your website URL is also linked, thereby increasing your reach and producing more traffic.
- It is now time to put the HTML code into your website. If you need instructions on this process, here is a link to Pinterest on how to do this with many different hosting platforms.
YouTube has a few experts on Pinterest that can walk you through the process of pins and how to post. Just search YouTube for “Pinterest” expert tutorial.
How Best to Use Pinterest
Let’s take a look at things you can do to drive traffic back to your site.
- Verify your website on Pinterest- As I mentioned above, you must verify your site. What good is it to have a million pins that go nowhere. People come along and click on your pin, save it to their board, and it becomes a chain reaction, with many doing the same. When you verify, the link to your website is connected, which leads people to click on your website. The more people chare your linked content and the more traffic you will get to your website.
- Use video pins-Pinterest now allows you to use quick 3-15 sec video pins. I had no idea what a difference a video pin vs. a photo pin would make. Pinterest promotes video pins at a higher rate than photo pins, which drives more impressions to your account and more traffic to your website. Video pins catch the eye with animation. People are more likely to save a video pin. Video pins are not used as much as photos are which will put you as a front runner on Pinterest.
- Make your site visually pleasing-Remember that Pinterest is a visual site with pictures that link to your website. Because of the visual aspect of Pinterest, it is also crucial that your site appears clean and organized. Make it clear what you are promoting but do so in an organized easy on the eye sort of way. When you create your video pins use the same template for each one, change the title and the video and you have a professional-looking site.
I use Canva, which has templates and videos available for use.
A Bit About YouTube
YouTube was co-founded in 2005 by three employees of Paypal, Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim. They Chose the domain name “YouTube.com” and activated it on February 14. It wasn’t until April 23, 2005, the integration to upload videos was available. After just six months, YouTube had over two million people tuning in a day.
Why Is YouTube So Popular?
Well, for one, all of the people on YouTube created it. It is the creators who make it happen and keep it going. We, the people who make videos and watch them, are the reason for YouTube.
YouTube videos are visual and verbal; therefore, they trigger the emotional part of the brain. When you watch a video, it is an emotional experience, not just a mono view of words on a paper.
And the majority of people making the videos are just like you and I. They are the girl or guy next door who is seen by the world as just a bit extraordinary. They give us hope and an example of how we, too, can be recognized.
How To Start A YouTube Channel For Business
The most crucial part of beginning a YouTube channel is to “just get started.” It can be intimidating at first. When I started, I was worried people would see me and judge me. But you know what? Not many people see your channel at first, and by the time you gain subscribers, you will become a pro. It doesn’t take long to improve.
So, to begin:
- Head over to YouTube and click sign-in in the upper right corner. If you have an account, go ahead and sign in. This small tutorial is for those who do not yet have an account. You will click on the “create an account” at the bottom of the box.
- The drop-down for creating an account has the option of “for myself” or “to manage my business,” you will want to choose “to manage my business.” Go ahead and fill out the information to sign in.
- Once you sign in, you will go to the round, no face up in the right corner. Click on this to set up your channel. From the drop-down, select “create a channel” From here you will create a channel name. Again as with Pinterest, I would suggest you use a very catchy name. You are allowed to change this name one time. The catchy name will entice people to check your channel and subscribe. After you get the subscribers you need, usually 1000, then you can change the name of your channel to your website name. Example: I named my channel Affiliate Marketing Queen but will change the name to Resign With Money after I gain subscribers. Click the “I understand” box and hit “next.”
- You will then need to fill in some information like a description. Use 2 or 3 sentences to say who you are and what people can expect to find on your channel. Be sure to add some keywords that you use for your website to help Google rank your YouTube channel.
- On the same page, go ahead and link your website and any social media platforms you want to take people to. Linking your website will send traffic back to your site. Hit “save and continue.”
- You will then come to upload a video. But you are not finished setting up your channel yet. Go back up to your profile icon in the top right corner. Click to bring up the drop-down menu and find “settings” and find “channel status and features” Directly under your profile picture click “verify your channel” Fill out the necessary information and choose how to receive your code, by automated voice message or a text message. Place the code sent to you into the area designated. You have now verified your channel. Oh one last tip here, put your company logo or photo in the profile frame.
There are a few other things you need to do to complete the process. I will link to a video of a very experienced YouTuber who is an expert on the subject of setting up your channel to best SEO optimize it.
How to Drive Website Traffic from YouTube
You can accomplish this task with a few simple ideas. I will talk about 3.
- End Cards-When you have a business account that links to your website, you can set up something called end cards. These cards are somewhat like ads at the end of your video. You can link them to other videos or your website. Imagine when a person finishes your video, they see an interesting card pop up on the screen to share a part of your website. They will then go to that site, thus one more or 1000 more visitors.
- Description-When you publish your video, you have the option to place a description below it. Look at any video, and just below the video, you see what the video is all about. In this area, you can put the link to your website. Also, put a bit of information about how they can find “this or that” with more details. They click on your link, and you gain more visitors to your site.
- Tell your viewers what you want them to do-In your video and in your description, be very specific about what you want. For example: “click on the link below and go to my website for more information on…..” Or “follow the link above my head to take you to my website where you will find a free E-Book” Or “Go to …. for your free E-Book.” I think you get my meaning here. Spell it out, direct them to the right place and tell them what you want them to do when they get there.
Email Marketing History
The email market has spanned 50 years, and there are 4.2 billion email users around the world today. Many believe that email is old and no longer useful for marketing. That is so far from the truth. I have read that for every dollar spent on email marketing; one can expect to make two back.
Why Do You Need An Email List?
When marketing a product, a person needs to see or hear about it seven times before they make a purchase. Part of it is “out of sight out of mind,” yet another part is building trust. Email marketing can bring your product and website to the consumer many times over with a different approach each time.
Email marketing is for most one of the greatest fear-producing ways to drive traffic. Most do not know what to do with an email marketing plan or what to write in an email. But today, we have the use of email autoresponders that have incredible templates and automated emails. I have tried a few and found AWeber to be the very best for affiliate marketing.
Email lists allow you to engage your readers and control the conversation. You own your email list, unlike social media platforms, where you are at the mercy of the individual algorithms.
How To Build Your Email List?
Building your list is more complicated than it sounds but well worth the effort you put into it. It is a continual process and pays off time after time. A few ways to create an ongoing list is:
- Use an opt-in form on your website- you can find free plugin forms such as WP Subscribe and WP Optin. You can place it in a widget or as a pop-up. If you use a pop-up, make sure it is not obtrusive or in your reader’s face. I prefer to have one show upon exit or a slide in from the side.
- Offer a free product- You can offer a free E-Book that you create from a blog post you wrote. I use Designrr to create my E-Books. Meager price and easy to use. Create a video tutorial on something related to your website. Use a survey to capture emails or a questionnaire. Offer a free webinar. Or maybe a free how-to checklist on the organization of their time. These are some suggestions that may help but not an all-inclusive list. Check other sites to see what they offer and use it as a guide.
- Create engaging, exciting blog content- Your content can bring your readers back to you. You are an authority in your niche. Place a signup form on your site merely asking for their email address so you can send them new content when it comes out.
Once you begin your list, you can use a free autoresponder such as Constant contact, until your list outgrows the free version. As I mentioned earlier, I use Aweber because it has the best tutorials and supports systems. I have used live chat many times to help me understand the elements of email marketing.
How to Best Use 3 Simple Sources of Website Traffic
Each one of the three simple sources of Website Traffic will excel your growth. But you must use them properly. No one likes spam, and your readers will not either. The key is to make your content for each platform, so enticing and SEO optimized that the people will come to you. DO NOT chase your potential customer down and hound them.
On Pinterest, there is an option to message your audience. I do not use this option. However, I do make sure my account is set up correctly for my business and then follow 10-20 new people per day. If they are interested, they will come to you and follow back. Post your content over time and not all at once. Posting too many pins in one day will flag your account. You never want a social media platform to watch everything you do. They will get tired and ban you.
With YouTube, follow the guidelines. Take time to read what content is acceptable and what is not. Make sure you set each video for children or not for children. Mark your content appropriately.
As for email marketing, DO NOT spam your clients. They signed up because they trust you to treat them with respect. Do your research to find out the best time to send out emails. Know your target audience and send only emails that pertain to their interests. Use your google analytics to learn more about your followers like what age and gender are they and their demographics.
The last tip is; do not act as a marketing scammer would. They send out spammy emails daily or numerous times a day. Limit your emails to once a week. Sending out daily emails will turn your readers off and make them unsubscribe.
You are a business owner with expert authority in your niche. You may not feel that way yet, but that is how your followers and Google view you. These three methods are simple, but they may take a bit of time to learn. It is well worth your time to use each one to create an audience that will generate a passive lucrative income for you in the years to come. All three methods interact with the other one. All will move you forward and set your feet on solid ground.
Do you have thoughts or questions? I am here to assist you. Please leave all questions and comments in the comment section below.
For Newbies To Set Up A Niche Website
Put in your email to access your training dashboard.